My client is a leading Construction and Civil Engineering Company.
They are actively seeking a BIM Development Manager to lead the company’s development of Building Information Management (BIM) capability. The role requires continual assessment of current industry good practice and identifying areas the company should concentrate resources to achieve competitive advantage over its market competition.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead the implementation of companywide document control standardisation process
Manage 2D/3D modelling resource, including freelance resources where required
- Lead BIM delivery on acquisitions (including but not limited to)
- Analysis ITT documentation, determining EIR and other BIM/CAD related requirements
- Production of Pre-Contract BEP’s
- Production of ITT responses
- Production of Visualisations
- Production of 4D schedules
- Production of sequence animation videos
- Support the implementation of BIM on live projects:
- Approval of BEP and other relevant project documentation
- Ensuring the Project team have the necessary capabilities and competence to undertake the required BIM Roles.
- Appoint Competent Project Information Manager
- Ensure necessary training available to upskill project team
- Access competence of supply chain
- Ensure utilisation of appropriate, fit for purpose CDE.
- Ongoing surveillance of live projects to ensure compliance, identifying where further support is required.
- Promote and assist teams in adopting best practice in implementing BIM methodologies and practices.
- Generate feedback reports on BIM best practice, opportunities for improvement and issues to be resolved
- Support the work associated with CAD/BIM/Document Management software/systems upgrades, testing and implementation.
- Keep abreast with current industry standards and future developments in BIM standards and best practice.
- Engage with industry working groups, such as appropriate BIM4 groups and UKBIM Alliance.
- Business-wide Performance Improvement
- Identify where efficiency savings, training or productivity gains can bring worthwhile benefit, and assist in the implementation of solutions.
- As part of the Head Office based Technical Services team support this departments additional duties such as temporary works and work winning.
- Travel to other sites and company offices will be necessary
Appoint Project Information Managers, Approve Project BIM Execution Plans and subsequent documents, Accept CDE proposals for Projects (technical suitability), Direct BIM team on BIM and tender tasks. Draft technical queries.
Promote high safety standards
Utilise the potential of BIM to engineer the safest possible build sequence.
Assist in internal project audit if required
Report any Close Calls or unsafe acts/conditions observed
Principle Engineer, Design Manager(s), CAD Technicians
Level of formal qualifications required:
- Engineering or technically based HND or degree level qualification.
- Further learning on the BIM Suite of Documents and their implementation
- Evidence of ongoing CPD in recognised industry applications (ie Bentley, AutoDesk, Synchro)
Professional qualification BRE BIM Level 2 Certificated Practitioner, or similar
Level and range of work experience required:
Must have experience operating in a dedicated BIM role (>2 years)
Experience Identifying, interpreting and applying required industry/ client/ internal BIM and CAD standards
Experience of working in multiple Common Data Environments
Experience utilising both Autodesk and Bentley Systems 2D & 3D applications.
Design management experience on infrastructure construction projects
Specific knowledge required:
Working knowledge of the processes and requirements of BS1192:2007, PAS1192-2:2013 and further relevant standards
Project delivery using the core 2D/3D CAD applications of AutoCAD and Bentley systems
Creation of 4D schedules through Autodesk Navisworks & Synchro Pro
Detailed knowledge of infrastructure design processes and construction techniques
Knowledge of the methods of civil engineering construction – Reinforced structures, earthworks, temporary works etc.
Areas of Personal Competence:
Excellent problem-solving abilities
Creative thinker with a can-do attitude
Must be able to develop relationships at a number of levels in order to work together to achieve both the project and Company’s goals. Understands the term “team work”.
Must be able to demonstrate how to build mutual respect and trust, regardless of differences between others needs and ideas. Understanding the impact of different cultures and use the differences to achieve what is required by all parties involved on the project.
Must be able to use own initiative, question traditional assumptions and learn from and share experiences. This includes problem solving.
Demonstrate a relentless pursuit of standards, best practice and continuous improvement in all aspects of work to positively impact safety, value, results and performance.
Able to respond to changing situations and setbacks positively with actions that continue to demonstrate your own effectiveness.
Able to adapt their approach to suit the requirements of a situation.