Job Reference Number: J2959HSE
Employment Status: Permanent
Salary: £32,501 - £35,000 p.a
Date Published: 20/07/21
Contact: Joanna Lambert
Direct Line: 07771985354
Health & Safety Advisor
We are to speak with Health and Safety Advisors seeking a new position in Cornwall.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to oversee all aspects of health, safety, and environmental matters, head office based but covering various new build housing sites locally. With a steady programme of work and further housing sites planned this role will be varied, delivering health and safety advice, positively challenging, supporting, coaching, and mentoring all stakeholders
- Implement HSE policies and procedures and support a positive HSE culture
- Support and work closely with Site teams, office staff, and supply chain in planning, reviewing, and achieving HS&E objectives and targets
- Ensure support, advice, and assistance is offered for all site teams and ensure that any necessary remedial actions are implemented
- Produce Construction Phase Plans for all sites and review them regularly
- Produce Risk Assessments and method statements, assist with high-risk activities
- Review the HSE performance of all sub-contractors
- Investigate all HSE incidents as required by the company
- Monitor training requirements, ensure all requirements are met
- Notify external Health and Safety advisors of new sites for routine inspections
- Review Health and Safety inspection reports produced by the external advisors
- Keep updated with compliance/legislation change, ensure all sites are fully aware
We are looking for someone with similar experience, having worked within a construction environment. You will have NEBOSH General / Construction, IOSH and be approachable, self-driven, and had a desire to implement change when necessary and support and mentor colleagues.
On offer is a salary Circ. £35,000. You will be based in Camborne with regular site visits and report directly to the MD.
Having read the above and hopefully enticed you to look into this role in more detail, please call Jo Lambert on 07771985354 for an informal chat. Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the South West & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, and Southampton. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional, and national contractors, developers, and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.