Job Reference Number: J1631
Employment Status: Permanent
Salary: £50,001 - £55,000 p.a
Date Published: 22/03/21
Contact: Joanna Lambert
Direct Line: 07771985354
Senior Quantity Surveyor
It is with great confidence and opportunity that Sphere Solutions are currently assisting to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a construction and investment organisation in the heart of Cornwall.
This organisation is currently on the search for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work alongside the Head of Construction. The sole purpose is to manage multiple projects from pre-construction through to handover working to agreed budgets. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in some lone awaited regeneration projects across all of Cornwall.
- Take responsibility for the commercial management of sites
- Financial reporting, cash forecast and advice on final accounts
- Commercially manage all pre-contract works, including contractor appointment and cost strategies
- Assist the Head of Commercial with contractual and commercial advice, project budgets, cash generation and margin
- Assist the Commercial Director with commercial procedures and systems
- Maintain strong cost and risk management
- Ensure commercial goals set are achieved, monitor and report against targets
This role is an integral appointment for the company and will require similar experience and knowledge to be considered.
- Significant experience working within the construction industry, commercially overseeing major projects / housing schemes
- Both developer & construction experience is preferred, with good contractor / sub contractor procurement experience
- HNC/HND/ Degree in Quantity Surveying desirable
- MCIOB &/or MRICS (or equivalent experience)
- Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative
- Must have a full working knowledge of NEC contracts and the workings of dispute resolution mechanisms
On offer is salary Circ. £55,000 with a car allowance, pension and 28 days annual leave, there will also be a performance related bonus on offer. Having read the above and hopefully enticed you look into this role in more detail, please do call Jo Lambert on 01752 421888 for an informal chat.
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the South West & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Southampton. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants. Sphere Solutions promote equal opportunities for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation or social economic background.